Tottenham Hotspur Sacks Interim Manager Cristian Stellini After Newcastle Rout

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Tottenham Hotspur sacked its interim manager Cristian Stellini, following an embarrassing 1-6 loss to Newcastle United at St. James Park on Sunday.

Tottenham Hotspur sacked its interim director Cristian Stellini, following an disturbing 1- 6 loss to Newcastle United at St. James Park on Sunday, the Premier League side verified through a statement.

“Sunday’s performance against Newcastle was wholly inferior. It was devastating to see. We can look at numerous reasons why it happed and whilst myself, the Board, the trainers and players must all take collaborative responsibility, eventually the responsibility is mine, ” Spurs president Daniel Levy said in a statemnt.

“Cristian will leave his current part along with his coaching staff. Cristian stepped in at a delicate point in our season and I want to thank him for the professional manner in which he and his coaching staff have conducted themselves during such a grueling time. We wish him and his staff well. ”

A match that has impended on the institution list for months as a likely title decider now feels like a must- palm game for an Arsenal side whose hold on the peak is coming loose.

While treble- chasing City has been churning out the triumphs, just as they generally do at the business end of a season, Arsenal’s youthful fakers have been struck by vertigo.

They could have been going to City with a double- number points lead but after surrendering 2- 0 advantages to draw successive down games 2- 2 at Liverpool and West Ham United, they were also held to a frenzied 3- 3 draw by bottom club Southampton on Friday.

After that rip- roaring contest, in which Arsenal demanded late pretensions from Martin Odegaard and Bukayo Saka just to regain a point, the players drooped to the turf and their suckers filed down wondering if the dream of a first title since 2004 was fading.

Arsenal still has a five- point lead with six games to play, but City has two matches in hand and looks infectious having collected 25 points from the last 27 on offer.

According to statistician Simon Gleave of data company Gracenote, Arsenal’s draw with Southampton left them with a 21 per cent chance of deposing City, while Pep Guardiola’s side now has a 79 per cent probability of finishing top.

Stellini had replaced fellow Italian Antonio Conte last month with Spurs still in fourth place. The defeat at St James ’ Park leaves them six points behind Newcastle and Manchester United having played more games.

In Conte’s absence, Stellini guided Spurs to triumphs over Manchester City, West Ham United and Chelsea.

Still, he was unfit to recreate that success after replacing Conte, with Spurs winning only one game against Brighton & Hove Albion while Bournemouth snared a last- rustle 3- 2 down palm before this month.

Ryan Mason will take over Head Coach after the Italian’s departure. Mason had come to the platoon’s deliverance after the exit of Jose Mourinho in 2021, making him the youthful- ever Premier League director.

After being promoted as the First- platoon trainer under Antonio Conte, he came the assistant trainer when Conte left.

“Ryan knows the Club and the players well. We shall modernize further on his coaching staff in due course, ” Levy added, “ I met with the Player Committee moment the team is determined to pull together to insure the strongest possible finish to the season. ” Know More Latest Football News…

Write A Comment