India Begin Intercontinental Cup Campaign With 2-0 Win Over Mongolia

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

India were clearly the dominant side in the first half with 53 per cent possession and seven shots at opposition goal of which three were on target.

A dominant India struck two quick first- partial pretensions to beat lower- ranked Mongolia 2- 0 and begin their Intercontinental Cup crusade on a winning note on Friday. Sahal Abdul Samad and Lallianzuala Chhangte scored in the alternate and 14th nanosecond independently as the 101st ranked Indians surfaced victorious over their opponents placed 183rd in the world, at the Kalinga Stadium in hot and sticky conditions. India, the 2018 edition titleholders, dominated the match for utmost part, attacking and creating chances while the Mongolians were left to defend their stronghold. The home side had a 65 per cent possession in the match.

The only fussing part for head trainer Igor Stimac was the incapability of his bushwhackers to find the opposition net on multitudinous occasions in the alternate half.

Captain and amulet Chhetri had a fairly quiet day as he played deeper than he generally does and was replaced by Rahim Ali in the 71st nanosecond. Lalengmawia Ralte also wasn’t over to the mark and he was replaced by Jeakson Singh.

India made a fast launch and were 2- 0 up outside 15 twinkles with strikes from Sahal and Chhangte.

Midfielder Anirudh Thapa set up himself in the clear on the right hand in the alternate nanosecond and he pulled one back into middle of the penalty box. The Mongolian keeper got a hand to it but Sahal was there to fire home with a low left footer.

There was a brief period when the Mongolians tried to settle down, keeping the ball to themselves but the Blue Barracuda were on the prowl and scored soon from a corner.

Thapa was involved yet again as his 14th nanosecond corner and Sandesh Jhinghan’s title rebounded off a Mongolian protector on the thing- line and Chhangte was in hand to poke the ball into the net.

Three twinkles latterly, Udanta Singh got the ball from captain Chhetri inside the Mongolian box and he appeared to have been tripped by a protector. The Indians cried for a penalty but the adjudicator had none of it.

Mongolia also had their own penalty claim in the 37th nanosecond when their midfielder Baljinnyam Batmunkh was at the entering end of a sliding attack from before by Anwar Ali but the adjudicator turned down the visiting side’s claim.

India were easily the dominant side in the first half with 53 per cent possession and seven shots at opposition thing of which three were on target.

The home side dominance continued in the alternate half but they set up it hard to break down the Mongolian defence. The Mongolian defence did better in the alternate 45 twinkles than the first as they brought more men to deny the Indians from scoring.

Udanta had a clear run inside the Mongolian box in the 55th nanosecond after a Sahal film but he failed to keep his shot down. Udanta and Sahal were replaced by Rohit Kumar and Naorem Mahesh at the hour mark in hunt of pretensions.

The preface of fresh legs led to a flurry of shots at the Mongolian thing, however without success. Rohit nearly scored in the 83rd nanosecond but his title off a Thapa corner got the fingertips of the Mongoian goalkeeper and glanced off the woodwork.

Just before the launch of the match, both sides observed a nanosecond’s silence to pay respect to the victims of the Odisha train tragedy. Know More Latest Football News…

Write A Comment