Cricket News

T20 World Cup 2024: Taming the Wind Was Key to Victory Against Australia, Says Rohit Sharma

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Rohit played some delectable strokes on the off-side, and as the ‘Player of the Match’ made a match-winning 92 off just 41 deliveries.

Winning was not a ‘breeze’ for India in its final T20 World Cup Super Eight coordinate against Australia as captain Rohit Sharma said he had to change his batting to take the wind out of the 2021 champion’s sails.

Rohit Sharma played a few luscious strokes on the off-side, and as the ‘Player of the Match’ made a match-winning 92 off fair 41 deliveries.

Courtesy Rohit’s seven boundaries and eight sixes, India scored 205/5 and at that point confined Mitchell Marsh’s side to 181/7 for a 24-run triumph and moved into the elimination round of the masterpiece event.

With wind a never-ending prevention, Rohit said he had to play more strokes on the off side to refute the impact.

“I thought right from over number one, there was a solid breeze blowing over. They (Australia) changed their arrange, bowling against the breeze, so I figured it out I had to open up the off side as well.

“You’ve got to calculate in the breeze and get it that the bowlers are savvy as well and open up all sides of the field. When you keep an open intellect and not fair think of one shot, you can get to all zones of the field,” said the India skipper.

“200 is clearly a great score, but when you’re playing on grounds like this where wind is a calculate, anything is conceivable, but I thought we utilized the conditions exceptionally well. It was exceptionally satisfying to see how we were getting through those overs and getting the wickets at the same time.”

Rohit moreover said he knew wrist-spinner Kuldeep Yadav would be at his powerful best in the West Indies after experiencing seamer-friendly conditions in the US.

Kuldeep returned amazing figures of 2/24 in his four overs.

“Kuldeep, we get it the qualities he has, but you have to utilize it when you require it. The pitches in Unused York were seamer-friendly, but we knew he would play a enormous part later,” he said.

Rohit categorically said he was concentrating as it were on keeping up the “tempo” of the coordinate and not bothering one bit almost his century.

“It was a great wicket, and you need to attempt and back yourself to play those sorts of shots. I’ve been attempting to do that for a few a long time presently, and I’m happy it came off nowadays. The fifties and hundreds don’t matter, I needed to bat with the same beat and carry on.

“You need to make enormous scores, yes, but at the same time you need to make the bowlers think where the following shot is coming, and I think I overseen to do that today,” he added.

The captain included that he would like India to proceed playing the same way in the knockouts in the way the group has played so far.

“We don’t need to do anything diverse (in the knockouts). We need to play the same way, get it what the people require to do in a given circumstance, and play freely.

“So distant we’ve been doing that reliably, and elimination rounds, we have to attempt and do the same thing. It’ll be pleasant (to play Britain in the elimination round). Nothing changes for us, we need to center on what we can do as a group, and take the amusement on.”

Australian captain Mitchell Bog, who was blameworthy of grassing a sitter and may not construct on his great begin with the bat, conceded India was way better on the day.

“It’s disillusioning. Still actually a chance to go through, and nowadays India got the superior of us. I think over the course of 40 overs there’s a part of little edges, but truly, India was the way better group. We’ve seen for 15 a long time what Rohit Sharma can do in that kind of temperament, and he got off to an supreme flier. In a run chase like that, you’re in it if you can keep it at tens (10 runs per over) for as long as conceivable, but India were as well great for us,” Swamp said. Know More Latest T20 World Cup News…

Write A Comment